Did you know that in addition to being a low-sodium foodie, I also play CUPID to people from around the globe? It’s true! Sort of like Santa but with a far smaller suit, I spread my love of LOVE worldwide, thanks to the wonders of technology.
I am Your OWN Personal Cupid
Two years ago, I found a stack of unused 1980s valentine cards at a thrift shop. Most were silly, stupid and/or downright risque. In short..
In the spirit of fun, I bought the cards and then offered them for free via this blog. Somewhat surprisingly, people responded; a few very enthusiastically. Just before Valentine’s Day 2008, I sat down and wrote out a bunch of cards. Some with personal greetings, some with “secret admirer,” all very sweet. Although I’d never met ANY of these people (or their loved ones), it didn’t seem to matter. I was acting as Cupid, spreading LOVE. In retrospect, I think it was one of the craziest, most memorable Valentine’s stunts any of us ever pulled. Last year (2009), I wanted to play Cupid, but my family & I were in the throes of a big move. This year (2010), I’m Baaaaaack.
Here is the remaining selection. Yes they are memorable. Especially the one w/ the nerdy guy which reads (and I quote): “Because you let me play with your boobs.” No I am not joking.
If you aren’t scared and running would like me to send a valentine to your special someone:
1. Click through the cards above. If any of them speaks to you, call a doctor IMMEDIATELY.
2. Then leave a comment below. I have 35 cards left. You may want to pick a couple just to make sure you get something you like. Or let ME pick for you. Remember. I am a professional! PS: Don’t forget your email!
3. I will contact you directly to make arrangements. If I get 35 responses, EVERYONE WINS! If I get no response, the (poor sad dejected) cards will return to the drawer from whence they came. Till next year.
4. Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.
5. I’ll be taking comments now through February 10th 2010 (or until all cards are claimed). Good luck! xo