Don’t I look THRILLED? That’s me in the green.
Friends will only let you play the “I’ve just moved, how can I possibly get anything done” card for so long.
When the bodacious Pans of Steel tagged me for a meme several days ago, I put it on the back burner of my mind… and moved onto the next box. But the proverbial pan went up in flames when I was double-dog dared by the greatest doodler this yonder side o’ the border, Rambleicious.
FORTUNATELY for us all, today’s post kills 2 birds w/ 1 stone.
Since I’m doing this b/c “I have to” I will not be adhering 100% to the rules. Here are the rules:
- Link to your original tagger and list these rules in your post.
- Share 7 facts about yourself in the post.
- Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names and links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged.
Just remember to thank (or blame) those 2 for “making me”
1) I am not 100% sure what a meme is, or even how to properly pronounce it. Meeeem or mimi? And if the real point of this is just to talk MORE about oneself..What makes this different than the rest of one’s blog?
2) We just got cable TV for the first time. I have been a hold-out for so long, I hardly know what to say. Other than my husband made me.
3) Cable TV is 2% good stuff, 97.9% crap and .1% infomercials.
4) I am now fascinated by several infomercial products, thanks to my new cable service. In particular I would like a SHamWOW! and a PedEgg. If anyone has ever used either w/ success or failure, please comment below.
5) I have tried going to CVS twice now to buy a PedEgg, but my husband swears he will NOT allow me to cheese grate his oversized heel callouses off.
6) I want a PedEgg more than ever.
7) Do you really think that ShamWOW! can pick up a bucket of cola like it did in the infomercial?? I am thinking not, but I’d like to be proven wrong.
8) Before we moved, my older daughter was talking up the vacuum-sucker bag thing – you know, the one where you store your comforter and pillows in a trash bag and suck all the air out, reducing it to the thickness of one wafer-thin mint. I even saw one in the store – I think Home Depot, but I thought better of it.
Okay, now I am going to pick some people to force this on too (onto?). I pick Curly. She is the only one – but she counts for seven b/c she’s been tagged at least that many times. YOUR TURN GIRL/DON”T FIGHT IT.~!
16 thoughts on “I’ve been tagged. TWICE.”
You’re a cable junkie now! Woo!!
See? meme’s are fun and now we know what to buy you for Christmas!
Not sure what CVS or PedEgg is.
ped egg=dangerous wood planing tool for heels. blood is involved. buy it at BB&B w/20% off coupon if you must. sham-wows also sold there.
i don’t know how to do a meee meee and therefore decline your invitation. it’s doubtful that i have anything clever to say.
hi to kiwi…i miss the old girl. can we have wine now?
I own and make sweet love to my pedegg.
If you’re going to use it, I recommend doing it in the bathtub because and this is 100% honest, sloughed calluses look like instant mashed potatoes. You can wash it out right away.
You look very content in the photo and Kiwi does too! 🙂
how the hell DO you pronounce it? I’ve never been tagged – guess i need more blog readers for that ;0) Thanks for the comments yesterday – John was telling us about the cable – since you just gave up all your babysitting contacts – I fully endorse the cable. hope you’re doing well – miss you guys xo -E
WOOHOO! Bring on the PedEgg! I’m in the mooood for some scraping!
Thanks Rambley baby – no need to wrap it or anything. Save the trees! Down w/skin!
Heyya Sid! For more information, HERE’S the PedEgg website. It’s got a video and everything. CVS is a pharmacy chain here in the Northeast part of the US. I do not know what the C V S stands for though – anyone??
CURLY WURLY GURLY (note I am using your full name in my mean voice) You WILL DO YOUR MEME NOOWWWW!! That, or it’s time out, missy!
HHAHAHAHHAHAHHH!! Bouncy babe – you are too funny. AND GROSS. Though you & my husband would get along just fine. John said he’d let me PedEgg off his callouses if he could use them as parmesan cheese on his pasta. MMMmmMMMmmmm
HEY ERIKA! Yes, I went a little wild w/ the comments yesterday, but it’s been sooooo long since I was on the computer. I am diving in face first. I asked John last night before I fell asleep. he said it’s pronounced MEEEM. SO. NOW _ TAG!!!! You’re IT>! I am SERIOUSSSSS>! LOve you! xoxoxo
I can’t BELIEVE it, I check your blog like, 4,000 times a day, and no Dishy, then the SECOND I am distracted – by my son’s engagement party – did I mention my son is engaged? Because he is. Engaged. Anyway, the second I am distracted by MY SON’S ENGAGEMENT (yes, we are very happy about this), there you are again! Welcome back. I imagine that your hubby wants to keep his callouses so that he can walk on flaming hot coals or whatever, and it doesn’t hurt. Like me.
you’re so frickin’ radiant in all your paleness. so annoying. i’ll send you some sunshine from fla. xoxo
1. Even though I don’t wholly approve of it, I know the proper pronunciation is long-e “meem.”
2. I bought one of those vacuum storage bags for things like down coats and the like. My analysis: it will wrinkle and crinkle anything you don’t want wrinkled and crinkled. It will also become brittle and cracked and not last more than one season if you overenthusiatically suck out too much air, as anyone who is predisposed to buy such a product invariably will. So I give it a big no.
2. The only thing I can think of when I see the hyper-absorbent Sham-Wow is how nice it would be to stuff one into that headset-wearing loudmouth’s maw. And don’t get me started on the other guy, what’s his name? Billy Mays? Can he be sent into orbit or something?
3. Thanks for playing “meme”-tag and it’s great to see you infesting the intertubes again.
4. I totally love my Flip-Fold clothes folder; it saves me hours in taking care of the laundry because I don’t need to use the compass and t-square anymore.
5. The Maine-light is very nice.
6. I also am totally enamored of the Slimline hangers from
BloodbathBed, Bath and Beyond. There are lots of different versions out there and I think they’re all pretty much the same.
7. The Ped-Egg seems kind of silly, but if there were ever a time to justify buying one, it’d be Easter.
I saw the photos of the ShamWow guy on The Smoking Gun…he got in a fight with a hooker that bit his tongue…it makes me want his product even more!
PANNY!!! Be still my heart. I can’t STAND Billy Mays. Every time he comes onscreen, I’m all “Why are you YELLING at me????”
P.S. Dishy-muffin, did you know that a PedEgg can be used to zest lemon and orange rinds? I’m JUST SAYING there are other applications that may not freak John out.
P.P.S. Please don’t cross-use the PedEgg.
P.P.P.S. In fact, I think I remember them coming in packages of 2? Or you could BAIT AND SWITCH, BABY!!
Christy, the ShamWow is exactly like the cloths they sell at Trader Joe’s. I bought one a couple years ago– it is supposed to last and wash really nicely, but it turns totally crappy after you wash it, and really is nothing more than a felt-like rag. If you really want, I could pick up the Trader Joe’s one for you and send em up, but they are not worth it!
I only know about this Sham Wow because my Facebook friends have an obsession with the commercials. I finally watched one online the other day. I didn’t get it. Haha.
I say it “meem”. It’s just a survey, right? I guess meme comes from “memetic” which is what… a copy or something??
So, when are you joining Facebook???????
The commentary here is incredible and gross, grossly incredible??? My friend SWEARS that her Sham Wow is great for spilled soda…I can’t believe you got away with “talking” about cable and infomercials for all 7 things with this crowd!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Connie: I know that I let it go because I was just happy to have her back on-line. I suspect more than a few others felt the same way. Dish-Dish has forced us to lower our expectations, but just this one time, so she’d better watch out ’cause when the Gravy Train reaches the end of the line things can get messy.
Dish-Dish: I didn’t notice your query about “CVS” until just now. From the Company History section of the store’s website:
CONGRATS TRACIE!! Big things afoot on your end – even w/out the coal walking. Fabulous! xo
Yeah yeah – we’re ghostly – save the rubbing in for the SUNSCREEN< MISSY. PS: I’m still waiting on that MEEEEM.
Heyya Pans! 1) Yes, John agrees. Good to know. 2) I suspected as much. Glad I saved my $19.99 for the BRAND NEW SLAP CHOP I SAW SAT NIGHT!!!!!!!! PLUS, I get its friend GRATY for FREEE!! just add shipping & handling, 2nd #2) HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHH!! 3) GRacias! 4) ??? 5) I think so too. SO much better w/out the smog.6) ??? 7) GOOD ONE.
MTAE: Boy that dude gets around every which way! I saw him again Sat nite, this time hocking the SLAP CHOP. Good thing that HOOKER WASN’T USING ONE!!
Hayden – EWWWWW and
Laura, Guess I will pass on both the ShamWOW and the Trader Joe’s version now that I have the inside scoop. But why do I feel so… well – like when I was a kid and realized the spy glasses in the back of the comic book didn’t really work. PS: Not sure I’m going to take the Facebook plunge. In searching, I did find out there’s already another woman from NYC named Christy Ellingsworth. Till then, you can just visit her, and pretend I guess. Hah
Connie, it is repulsive huh. Not as nasty as the vein comment I made the other day, but STILL.
Thanks Panny! ALways getting my back. xo